Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kampong Glam area.. :)

Visited & strolled down Kampong Glam area yesterday afternoon.. :)

Kampong Glam is well-known for its many landmarks there & one is none other than their ever-popular Masjid Sultan Mosque, located at No.3 Muscat Street.. :)

This beautiful mosque - The Sultan Mosque was named after the first Sultan of Singapore, was built with a SGD3,000 grant from the East India Company. It is the largest mosque in Singapore and the present building was constructed in 1928. With its massive gold-topped dome and spacious prayer hall, the mosque has one particularly interesting feature--the base of the dome is made up of glass bottles.

Just beside Masjid Sultan Mosque, was the Malay Heritage Centre, located just a street away, between Kandahar Street & Aliwal Street..

Had never visited the Centre before, thus I went in to take a look & was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful & peaceful the place is.. :)

Here are a few photos I took of the place while I was there.. :)

It so happened that there was also a Pasar Malam going on along Kandahar Street during this period of the fasting month.. :)

I couldn't resist a cup of Icy Chendol on the hot sunny afternoon.. ;d

It was delicious! :D

After which, I strolled down Bussorah Street..

I really like the place cos' as I was strolling down the lane, I felt as if I was not in Singapore anymore..

You will understand what I mean when you are there.. ;)

Little pretty shophouses lined both sides of the street.. :)

Stumbled by chance upon this shop called Children's Little Museum @ 42 Bussorah Street.. :)

There were also many other interesting shops located along Bussorah Street, however, due to the sudden downpour, Clement (who came to meet me later) & I stopped by this backpacker's cafe for a drink while waiting for the rain to stop..

The name of the cafe was Sleepy Sam.. :)

It has a very nice, cosy, dim ambience.. :)

"Uncle" Clement on the phone.. :P

We also stopped by OBJECTIFS

& strolled down Haji Lane..

I also dropped by the National Library Building along Victoria Street that afternoon

& "bumped" into my friend, Angeline, there.. :)