Monday, January 17, 2011

My late maternal grandpa, Joseph Chee's funeral mass, followed by cremation service and lunch for the relatives @ Peng Restaurant today..

Today's the day..

Today was the final day of my late maternal grandpa, Joseph Chee's funeral wake..

A funeral mass was held this morning, 9am @ The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Chinese: 圣母圣诞堂)

Here are a few snapshots I "stole" via my iPhone 4 32GB while the funeral mass was being conducted in the church..

*At the bottom right of the photo is my late grandpa's coffin which has been covered with a white cloth*

After the mass, my late grandpa's body & coffin was then transported from the church to Mandai Crematorium for the cremation service..

The cremation service held, 11am @ Mandai Crematorium, was a rather brief one..

It was at the cremation service which I gave a eulogy for my grandpa whom I loved dearly..

I cried while I did so..

Will upload my eulogy in my next blog post..

Then the toughest moment for every single one of us in the family & our relatives was the moment when we had to say our last goodbyes before my late grandpa was slowly wheeled into the cremation chamber to be cremated..

All of us cried..

It was an extremely solemn moment..

It was so sad but we knew our sorrow is not forever cos' we'll meet him in heaven again someday..

Jonathan Ezra was so adorable..

He actually called "Chor Chor" (meaning: great grandfather in Hokkien).. Waved & said.. "Bye Bye".. And gave a flying kiss..

We all slowly & tearily bade our final farewell as the cremation chamber closed its doors...

After the cremation, our entire family invited all the relatives who came for the cremation service for lunch @ Peng Restaurant..

Only some of them joined us as most of them had to returned to work in the afternoon..

Took these few snapshots via my iPhone 4 32GB of some of my relatives having lunch @ Peng Restaurant, located @ Lorong 1 Realty Park..

From left: Jonathan Ezra, my cousin - Samuel,  Shawn Ethan..

After lunch, our relatives left & our entire family retired back to my uncle Anthony's residence @ Rio Vista Condominium to rest..